When this holiday suggestion showed up in my inbox I thought it was such a great idea. So tonight I finally gave it a try. The recipe is here from family fun magazine. I still think they are cute and they taste yummy, but I had trouble getting the caramel to stay put and not just drop to the bottom of the apple and pool at the bottom of the cups. Perhaps I added to much water to the caramel, if I try it again I'll have to try to keep the caramel thick and maybe that will fix the problems. I still think they are super cute, not sure if they will hold up to taking them to work to share, so might have to keep trying.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Mini Caramel Apples
When this holiday suggestion showed up in my inbox I thought it was such a great idea. So tonight I finally gave it a try. The recipe is here from family fun magazine. I still think they are cute and they taste yummy, but I had trouble getting the caramel to stay put and not just drop to the bottom of the apple and pool at the bottom of the cups. Perhaps I added to much water to the caramel, if I try it again I'll have to try to keep the caramel thick and maybe that will fix the problems. I still think they are super cute, not sure if they will hold up to taking them to work to share, so might have to keep trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh that looks SO yummy! Those vegan rice crispies I made turned out SO good!
Post a Comment