Wednesday, June 25, 2008

3mo..... still no floors

No picture today.... I am totally breaking my posting tradition. Perhaps that will alter the universe and put us back on course. Well worth a try. Where did I leave off this bed time story? I believe with bumpy base boards. The contractor agreed to take back the old ones, bring us new ones and thought it "was best for all parties involved to sever ties". Since apparently we have ridiculous high standards and the base were done properly. Ummm yeah ok, it's us, fine just leave. It may take up to 30days to refund the money for the work they will no longer be doing (we'll see how that goes). Kyle and I have decided to tackle the installation and painting of the baseboards. After making the decision we were both incredibly relieved. Today the new replacement floors should hopefully arrive at home depot for us to pick up and get acclimating to our home. We can then go about scheduling the installation (again) and hopefully be on our way to putting our lives back together.

While doing a bit of research on the web I discovered our homeowners association has a web site (who knew... or I don't read the news letters nearly close enough.) Here's any entry in the meeting meetings regarding our favorite subject of late.

"ITEM VIII - New Business
A. Insurance Claim for water damage to 5 units on Huxley Court
The Board reviewed the repair proposal from Carter-Gough Construction for 5 units damaged by an overflowing toilet. The repair cost will be $43,292.43. The association has filed a claim with Allied Insurance and will also consider subrogating the expense with the owner of the unit in which the toilet was located."

No comments: