Sunday, December 26, 2010

NJ-NY Trip Part 2 (Philly)


We decided to drive through Philadelphia on our way to NY. We'd both been in our early teen years and wanted to see the city with adult eyes. Besides the ridiculous security check points (I'm truly not sure what they were trying to prevent. Non secured areas were close to any of the points of interest, so... I'm not sure how security helps, but I guess it's a show of force.)    It was interesting to see the historic sites again.

 We were also there around lunch time and had the best food from food carts. Kyle had to have the Philly cheesesteak, I opted for the egg roll truck (which by the way was out of egg rolls?). I'm not entirely sure what I ordered given the language divide, but OMG delicious... It was chicken in a sauce over rice, and WOW was it amazing!!! It would be worth a visit to the city just for that again.

Lastly we took a quick pass through the Mint exhibit before heading toward the big apple.



Outside of Independence Hall


Liberty Bell


Independence Hall Under Restoration




Next....   NYC
Posted by Picasa

No comments: